Objectives: Panlar Consensus on Biosimilars
Before learning about the details of the methodology it is important that we establish the aims of the consensus.
I. General Objective
To prepare a document on PANLAR’s position regarding the use of Biosimilars, through the production of an expert consensus by use of the Modified Delphi technique.
II. Specific Objectives
- To analyse the efficacy and safety of biosimilars in rheumatology.
- To establish the quality requirements for the interchangeability or substitution of biosimilar medicines in an effective and safe manner.
- To review the information available on the costs and benefits of using biosimilar medicines and their impact on health service budgets.
- To explore the appropriate conditions for the monitoring of the use of biosimilars in rheumatology.
- To involve and consult the key operators in the development of recommendations in order to benefit from the opinions of those who may be affected by the results.
We hope to be able to count on your active participation in this process in order to achieve optimum results. This will ensure the resolution of concerns about the efficacy and safety of the medicines in question and their interchangeability. It will also be in keeping with PANLAR’s mission to stimulate, promote and support research for the prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of rheumatic conditions.